The Oath is one of the most popular Kodi addons available. It works on both Kodi 19 Matrix and 18 Leia. It also has an intuitive user interface to help you find anything you’re looking for, letting you view the latest movies and TV shows from your Firestick! Plus, you can connect it with other top Kodi addons like Trakt and Real Debrid to create a personalized one-stop content viewing spot.
We’ve covered Exodus on Kodi in another post. The Oath is based upon this addon. Here, we’re moving on and explaining how to install The Oath on Kodi.
Unfamiliar with installing Kodi addons on your Firestick device? Rest easy! This guide has easy-to-follow instructions with screenshots that will help you install The Oath on your Firestick.
We’ll also show how to view content on The Oath without risking your network security or privacy. And finally, we’ll provide answers to some frequently asked questions regarding The Oath.
Read on to get started!
Want access to the hottest TV shows and movies on your Firestick? Follow these instructions, and you’ll have this addon installed in no time!
Note: These instructions assume you’ve already installed Kodi on your Firestick device. If not, you can visit our guide on installing Kodi on Firestick & Fire TV before setting up this addon.
1. Open Kodi from your Firestick and select ‘Settings’—the gear icon on the top left.
2. Choose ‘System’ on the bottom right—the icon has a gear with a screwdriver on top.
3. On the left menu, scroll down and highlight ‘Add-ons.’ Then move right and choose ‘Unknown sources’ and toggle the switch to ‘on.’
4. A warning will appear stating you’re responsible for any damage to your device if you select ‘Yes.’ Choose ‘Yes’ to proceed, as this is the only way to download The Oath onto your device.
Once you’ve configured your Kodi settings, you’ll be able to install any addon from an unknown source—including The Oath. Follow the next set of instructions to install The Oath’s repository, a.k.a. The Oath repo.
1. Go back to the ‘Settings’ menu.
2. Select the ‘File Manager’ icon
3. Choose ‘Add source’ on the left.
4. A pop-up named ‘Add file source’ will appear. Select ‘None.’
5. In the next window, enter The Oath repo – make sure you type this exact URL: https://host505.github.io/ and click ‘OK.’ This is your source path for The Oath.
6. Under ‘Enter a name for this media source,’ type a source path you can easily remember — like ‘Oath’ — and then click ‘OK.’
7. Hit the ‘Back’ button on your remote until you return to the ‘System’ screen. Then select ‘Addons.’
8. From the menu, select ‘Install from zip file.’
9. A ‘Warning!’ prompt will appear. Select ‘Yes.’
10. Find your newly named source path file for The Oath from the list and select it.
11. Choose the zip file URL: repository.host505-2.5.zip
12. Give the system a moment to download the addon, and you’ll see a notification that says ‘Host505 Repo Add-on installed’ on the top right.
You’re almost there! You’ve downloaded the addon and installed the repository, so you must now install the addon. Use these instructions:
1. Return to the ‘System’ menu and select ‘Add-ons’ again.
2. Select ‘Install from repository.’
3. Choose ‘host505 repo’ from the repositories list.
4. Choose ‘Video add-ons.’
5. From the list, select ‘TheOath.’
6. Click ‘Install’ on the bottom right.
7. Another pop-up will appear telling you which files will install. Click ‘OK.’
8. Give the files a moment to download. When it’s finished, you’ll see another notification on the top right, indicating the successful installation of The Oath addon.
9. Return to the Kodi home screen and scroll down to ‘Add-ons’ using the menu on the left. Then scroll right and select ‘TheOath’ under ‘Video add-ons.
10. And you’re done! But before you watch any content, read and follow the instructions in the next section on using a VPN for safe browsing.
Safety with addons on Kodi is relative to each user. The Oath isn’t an official Kodi addon, so there is no control from the Kodi team regarding what goes into the repository. It can change at any moment.
As a user, it’s on you to protect your privacy and guard against malicious software. Current scans have shown no malware or suspicious files within The Oath’s repository.
However, the best practice is to use a combination of virus protection and VPN before downloading or viewing content via The Oath. It’s the only way to protect personal information from hackers and your internet service provider.
Most content on The Oath is not legal. This add-on has tons of content sourced from pirate sites and torrent repositories. Streaming copyrighted content without payment is illegal nearly everywhere in the world.
Without a VPN, you could be caught and subject to legal action for viewing this content. That’s why it’s important to hide your IP address from your ISP using ExpressVPN.
ISPs, hackers, and corporations all over want to track your online movements and invade your privacy for their own purposes. To avoid such risks, we’ve provided a list of the best Kodi VPNs in another post.
But if you want to go straight to the top of the list, then download ExpressVPN. It’s intuitive, user-friendly, easy-to-install, and comes with free updates.
With servers in 160 locations in 94 countries, ExpressVPN provides tons of solid, reliable IPs to enjoy your favorite content. The program uses top encryption systems to keep your information safe and allows you to load content at some of the fastest speeds on the VPN market. Plus, it works on a variety of operating systems, including macOS, Linux, Windows, Firestick, Android, and iOS. Or you have the option to install it directly onto your router.
ExpressVPN keeps both your system and personal information safe while browsing. Using the web on any device without a VPN opens your network to hackers for information theft and other nefarious purposes. It’s best practice always to keep your IP private with a reliable VPN.
Before accessing content on The Oath, use your free 30-day trial and look into any discounts currently offered from ExpressVPN. Visit their site to learn more.
To stay safe with ExpressVPN while using The Oath, follow these steps:
1. Visit the ExpressVPN sign-up page, sign up, and select a payment method. You can pay with Bitcoin and/or use a separate email address for added privacy.
2. Download, install, and run the ExpressVPN application on your device. Then sign in.
3. After signing in, you must use the activation code provided by ExpressVPN, or you can sign in with the email sign-in link.
4. Upon completing this process, ExpressVPN’s primary interface should appear. From here, select a VPN location for your IP.
The location you choose could affect your ability to play various links. And IP locations closer to you run faster as the data doesn’t travel as far.
5. After choosing a location, click the power button to activate ExpressVPN!
By now, you’ve installed The Oath, and you should have ExpressVPN or some other VPN installed and running. If this isn’t the case, it’s best to revisit the previous section before viewing any content. If you’re all good, then let’s explore The Oath and learn how to view content on it using two methods.
With The Oath, you have access to thousands of movies and TV shows—modern hits and classics. The interface has a wide range of categories to choose from, including:
Under the ‘Movies’ category, you can watch movies from a wide variety of sub-categories, including:
There are even more categories beyond these for you to explore.
Under the ‘TV Shows’ category, you also can sort by genres and languages, but you can also explore sub-categories such as:
To start, we’ll guide you through the steps to watching a movie via the various category lists available on The Oath on Kodi. Note that this process works the same for TV Shows, but the category listings differ slightly.
1. From the main screen, select ‘Movies.’
2. In the next menu, you can select any category you want – the process is relatively the same. For this example, we’ll go with ‘Genres.’
3. You can select any genre from this sub-menu. Why don’t we choose ‘Comedy.’
4. The genre section puts the latest and most popular movies at the top of the list. From here, you can choose any title. Let’s try ‘Red Notice.’
5. Give The Oath’s link scraper a moment to compile a list of links.
6. With the list of links, choose a link based on the resolution you’d like to view the movie in and enjoy your content! Note: 1080p is Full HD, so it’s usually a better choice than 720p.
If you know exactly what you want to watch, the easiest way to get there is to search for your content directly. Use these instructions to find the content you’re looking for and play it on The Oath.
1. On the main menu, scroll down and select ‘Search.’
2. Choose whether you want to search by Movie or TV Show, or choose ‘People’ to search by actor or actress. For this example, we’ll select ‘Movies.’
3. The Oath saves all of your recent searches on this menu, so you can go back and search again with ease. But if you haven’t searched for something, click ‘New Search’ to begin.
4. Use your remote to type in your search on the keyboard and click ‘OK.’ We’ll go with ‘Red Notice’ again to keep things simple.
5. Fortunately, it’s the top option on the list, but you may need to scroll through to find what you’re looking for. Once you find your content, highlight and click it.
6. The scraper will find a list of links, and you can click on any link to play your content!
Although The Oath connects to the top repositories and links, sometimes you’ll get one that doesn’t work. It either won’t buffer well, constantly stop to buffer, or just not play at all. It happens every so often, and that’s why The Oath Kodi addon populates a long list of links to choose from.
If you have trouble with the link you selected, simply hit the ‘Back’ button on your remote to bring up the links list. And then choose another link of the list. You may have to try three or four links to get things running smoothly.
With The Oath add-on installed on Kodi, you’ll be able to access the newest movies and TV shows available. The installation process can be somewhat tedious, but you’ll be prepared for when you install more unofficial Kodi add-ons in the future. Just remember to always use a VPN when viewing content. Enjoy The Oath!
The Oath is an unofficial Kodi addon that gives you access to stream TV shows and movies from a variety of sources—free and premium. The addon works with Kodi 19 Matrix and 18 Leia.
With The Oath, you get access to a range of features like premium account support from Real Debrid, All Debrid, Premiumize, and more. There is also library integration and support from Trakt within the addon.
The Oath was one of the first Kodi 19 Matrix addons, but it’s based on the Exodus addon, which worked well for a long time.
There are a lot of top lists, reviews, and opinions regarding the best Kodi addons.
Add-on developers are coming up with new interfaces almost every month that include new features and well-sourced links. Plus, they’re always updating to keep things working as Kodi also develops.
Some addons have features that work better for others, but what is not up for debate is how well the links work. And The Oath is one of the most reliable for solid links that don’t have buffering issues.
Is it the best? That’s for you to decide! The Oath is top-notch for movies and TV shows, but it lacks sports and IPTV content. You’ll need to download and install The Crew for that!
If you don’t know which add-on would be best for you, review our list of the best Kodi addons. From there, you can get all the information you need to make an informed decision.
There are different paths to using a Kodi addon, and the key question is whether it is official or unofficial. You can download official Kodi addons directly from the Kodi interface and use them immediately. But unofficial addons have a few more steps, as you saw in the guide above.
To download an unofficial Kodi app, you’ll need to configure settings and download and install both the repository and the actual app such as described in our article here on how to install The Oath on Firestick. From there, it’s easy to open any app, navigate through the categories and features, and view content. Most addons include links to TV shows and movies, and some may also include live TV and sports links.
On the legal side, things get a little shady. It’s legal to download, install, and use Kodi addons. However, unofficial Kodi add-ons typically grant users access to copyrighted content. And it’s illegal to watch copyrighted content without paying.
So you should always install and run a reliable VPN — like ExpressVPN — on your Firestick before watching content on any Kodi addon.