Why install Mouse Toggle for Fire TV? The short answer: it makes for easier navigation of Android apps when using your Firestick.
The best thing about Firestick is that you can install any Android app, which means you have unlimited options for streaming. However, sometimes things may not be so smooth when using third-party Firestick apps as most of them are not optimized for Firestick. When scrolling, you may find that you can’t select some options because the interface is meant for touchscreens.
Mouse Toggle helps solve this issue by giving you a mouse-like pointer that you can use to select anything on the screen. The app integrates seamlessly with the Firestick remote, so you will no longer need a mouse or get frustrated when an option is not selectable.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to install Mouse Toggle for Fire TV to enhance your streaming experience.
Mouse Toggle is not available on the Amazon Appstore. This means you have to sideload the app on Firestick to install it. The best way to do that is by using an app known as Downloader.
The first thing you need to do is install Downloader from the Appstore to make downloading possible for the Mouse Toggle for Fire TV APK.
1. On the Firestick home page, go to Find, then click Search.
2. On the Search window, start typing Downloader and click on the correct suggestion from the search results.
3. Click Downloader on the results page.
4. Now, click Download to start the installation process.
We have now installed the Downloader app, but there are a few things you need to do before installing Mouse Toggle for Fire TV.
Before you can sideload apps on Firestick, you will need to give Downloader permission to install “apps from unknown sources.”
You can follow the procedure below to do this.
1. Go to Firestick Settings, then select My Fire TV.
2. Choose Developer options.
3. Now, click on ADB Debugging to turn on the option. This is a crucial functionality required by Mouse Toggle.
4. On Firestick Gen 2, Firestick 4K, and Fire TV Cube, simply click Apps from Unknown Sources to turn on the option.
If you are using Firestick Lite or Firestick Gen 3, clicking Install Unknown Apps will give you a list of apps. Choose Downloader from the list and click Ok on the remote to turn the state to On.
You are now set to install third-party apps through Downloader. However, you may need to disable data sharing to prevent Bezos and co. from spying on you.
Amazon data collection settings are turned on by default, but you can disable them by going to Settings.
1. Go to Firestick Settings and select Preferences.
2. Click on Privacy Settings.
3. Now, turn on “Device Usage Data” and “Collect App Usage Data” by clicking on them.
After meeting all the pre-requisites, we can now install Mouse Toggle on Firestick or Fire TV Cube.
1. Open Downloader by going to Apps & Channels. If it’s the first time you are using the app, grant it access permissions by clicking Allow.
2. Now, go to the URL textbox and type the Mouse Toggle for Fire TV APK: vpnch.ec/k/mouse-toggle. Click Go after that.
3. The Mouse Toggle for Fire TV APK should start downloading.
4. You’ll then get an option to install the app. Click Install.
5. Click Done after the installation.
6. You will now get an option to delete the installation file. Click Delete and Delete again to confirm – this will help save space.
You have successfully installed Mouse Toggle on Firestick!
Now that you have installed Mouse Toggle for Fire TV, the next step is to ensure that the app is configured correctly and the service is working as expected.
Start by opening Mouse Toggle on your Firestick by going to the Apps & Channels section.
Now, toggle the button next to Enable the mouse service to turn it on.
This will bring up a USB debugging pop-up screen. Check the box Always allow from this computer, then click OK.
Now, everything is set. You can activate Mouse Toggle by double-clicking the Play/Pause button on the remote. This should bring up a round curser that can be moved to any location on the screen. To scroll with the mouse, just use the direction keys on the remote.
If you have an Android app that has been proving problematic, you can open it now and start Mouse Toggle. For this guide, we’ll use CyberFlix, one of the most popular third-party streaming apps. You can check out our guide on how to install CyberFlix TV on Firestick if you haven’t installed it.
When you open CyberFlix, you can double click the Play/Pause button to activate Mouse Toggle. The round cursor will now appear, and you can use it to go to the menu option on the top left side.
You can then scroll through the options comfortably using the direction keys.
To disable the cursor, just long-press the Play/Pause button, and it should disappear. You can then continue to use your Firestick remote normally.
If you have enabled USB debugging and set up Mouse Toggle as we’ve described above, the service should work without issues. However, you may experience some difficulties, especially just after you’ve installed the app.
First of all, note that sometimes you may need to press the Play/Pause a few times before the service can activate. Always ensure that you press the button in quick succession.
If you have tried starting it a few times and it’s not working, open the Mouse Toggle app, turn off the service, and turn it on again.
This sorts the issue most of the time, but if it doesn’t work in your case, you can go back to Settings > My Fire TV > Developers and disable then enable USB Debugging as illustrated in Step 3 under “Prep Your Firestick.”
Mouse Toggle is a completely legal utility app. However, the app is mostly used with free third-party streaming apps such as CyberFlix, and these apps provide questionable streams. Third-party Firestick apps do not host the content they provide as all their streams are scrapped from publicly available servers, some of which host pirated content.
This means that whenever you use such an app, you need to ensure that all your activities remain private by using a reliable VPN such as ExpressVPN. The VPN will protect you by encrypting your activities such that your ISP can’t know what you are accessing, and it will also change your IP address to prevent copyright trolls from tracking you down.
Here’s a quick guide on how to get started with ExpressVPN.
The first thing you need to do is create an account with the VPN, a process that should only take a few minutes.
1. Head to the official ExpressVPN website and click Get ExpressVPN.
2. You can select a subscription plan that best suits your needs on the Order Page. ExpressVPN offers a monthly plan, a 6-month plan, and a yearly plan. All plans come with the same features, and they all carry a 30-day money-back guarantee for risk-free testing.
3. Now, enter your email address and select a payment method.
4. You can then complete the payment and create a password for your account.
Now that you have an account, the next step is to install the app on your device. ExpressVPN has an app on the official Amazon store, so this should only take a minute.
1. On the Firestick home page, go to Find, then click Search.
2. On the search window, start typing ExpressVPN, then click on the suggestion to search for the app.
3. Select ExpressVPN on the results page.
4. Now, click Download, and the installation will start.
You can now go ahead and open ExpressVPN from the Apps & Games section.
1. Click Sign In.
2. The app will ask for your email address and password to log in. Provide the credentials you created your account with and click Sign In. Firestick will then throw a warning that the VPN can monitor your traffic, but VPNs work by tunneling your traffic so click OK.
3. The ExpressVPN homepage should now appear. You can connect to a server with a single click using the huge power button.
You can also select your own server by clicking on the Locations menu. This will give you the entire list of servers.
If you wish to customize your connection, you can open Settings by clicking the hamburger menu on the top left side. This will give you options such as Auto-connection, Split Tunneling, Kill Switch, Protocol Selection, and Shortcuts.
When you are satisfied with the settings, go back to the main page and click the power button. ExpressVPN will now secure your connection!
Mouse Toggle is one of the best and most popular utility apps for Firestick by making it easy to navigate through Android apps that have not been optimized for Firestick and would otherwise be problematic. This guide tells you everything you need to know about installing and using Mouse Toggle for Fire TV. Enjoy!
No, Mouse Toggle is not available on the Amazon Store. It is a third-party app meant for Android apps that have not been optimized for the Firestick remote.
If you have already set up Mouse Toggle, you can activate the service by double-clicking the Play/Pause button on your Firestick remote. You can then turn it off by long-pressing the same button.
Once you activate Mouse Toggle by double-clicking Play/Pause, you can move the cursor around using the direction buttons on the Firestick remote.
If your Mouse Toggle is not working, you can turn off the service and turn it on again. If that doesn’t work, go to settings, turn off ADB debugging, and turn it on again. This should solve the issues you are having.